MANAGER OF DEVELOPMENT AND PROMOTION
The Manager of Development and Promotion is a newly created 40-hour week position to promote New Horizons Corporation (NHC), increase awareness, and launch annual fundraising efforts.
New Horizons Corporation provides a wide-range of services to a diverse population, supporting
individuals with Intellectual and developmental disabilities as well as Down syndrome, cerebral palsy, autism, seizure and many more. Many persons affiliated with New Horizons have additional physical disabilities. New Horizons welcomes all persons regardless of ethnicity, national origin, race, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation or gender.
Qualifications: A minimum of five years of combined experience in nonprofit fundraising and relationship-building, as well as an aptitude and interest in all aspects of promotion and marketing.
Successful candidates will have:
· Empathy and compassion for the people served by NHC
· Ability to build rapport and communicate effectively in writing, on the phone and in person
· The ability to consistently meet and surpass goals
· Creativity and problem-solving skills
· A commitment to furthering a culture of philanthropy at all levels of the organization
· Exceptional organizational skills and a great deal of self-motivation, ability to multi-task
· Experience with CRM databases, and an eagerness to manage and discover the capabilities of communications and donor management software
· A bachelor’s degree
Reports to: Director of Finance (primary) and Executive Director (secondary)
Skills and Abilities: The Manager of Development and Promotion will further the mission of NHC by planning and implementation of a comprehensive fundraising program, and producing and disseminating a variety of marketing, communications, and advocacy material. With a focus on relationship-building, collaboration, and case-making, this position advances fundraising and communications to cultivate and engage constituents, to develop resources, and to make the case for NHC’s work.
· Identifies prospects, cultivates new donors, and oversees stewardship activities
· Enters incoming gifts or pledges into donor CRM database, generates gift acknowledgements, continually updates and corrects donor records
· Coordinates fundraising / promotional events and activities working with staff, recruits and manages volunteers
· Assists in development of policies and procedures that reflect ethical fundraising practices
· Initiates face-to-face meetings with prospects and donors, coordinating with CEO or board members to attend as determined for major gift cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship
· Plans, drafts and executes donor solicitations, including letters, printed collateral, special campaigns, and face-to-face meetings
· Maintains overall calendar of fundraising activities and deadlines, including grant submissions and timelines, working with CEO and program staff who have subject matter expertise
· Submits grant applications and foundation proposals, following grant / funder guidelines and objectives, and fulfilling any post-grant requirements
· Manage donor cultivation and solicitation processes while tracking and recording contacts and significant interactions
· Help process fundraising mailings, including list merging, letter generating, and execution
· Monitors, evaluates and reports on fundraising activities towards fundraising monthly, quarterly, and annual goals. Establishes analysis of fundraising and expenses to recommend future fundraising goals, as well as expense budget projections and goals.
Promotion / Marketing (40%)
· Oversees outreach communications to enhance awareness of NHC’s work, ensuring a compelling presence to inform, inspire, and cultivate engagement and support
· Collaborates with staff and CEO to create and implement annual communications plan and calendar, combining outreach and fundraising objectives into all communications
· Works with staff to generate content for traditional and social media, including website content, the compilation of photos and stories, securing photo releases, drafting and distributing e-newsletters and mailed newsletters, regular posting to social media
· Develops press releases and solicits media coverage while cultivating relationships with various media outlets to publicize the work of NHC
· Works with program staff to increase engagement and attendance at programs conducted and/or supported by NHC
· Proficiency with MS Office: Excel, Word, Power Point, and how to execute a mail merge
· Assist with administrative needs including but not limited to: board liaison for fundraising and outreach / promotion events, general correspondence with donors / sponsors as needed including producing and tracking invoices
· Track department expenses, maintain department budget, follow proper procedures to ensure expense invoices are submitted for processing
· Completes objectives independently, while also contributing to a team environment
· Performs other duties as assigned
Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Interested candidates should send your letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Direct Service Providers
We are seeking individuals with good computer skills, a drive for attention to detail and motivation to help those in need. Please stop by our office to fill out an application or you can click the button below and download a copy to fill out and deliver in person. You must have a state issued photo ID and a social security card.
JANITORIAL & LAWN CARE MAINTENANCE
We also employee many individuals for positions at various
state offices all across Tennessee and even parts of Alabama.
If you or someone you know are interested in one of these positions please contact our office in person or download
and fill out the application and submit via:
Fax: 615-360-3515 or
Or contact Rusty Roberts directly at 615-806-9132 for